- This event has passed.
NILG: Beyond Compliance: The Value of Self-Identification
December 13, 2017 @ 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm
PRESENTED BY: Leslie L. Wilson, M.S., Director, Going for the Gold Program USBLN
Americans with disabilities represent nearly 20% of the population, which means that, on average, 1-out-of-5 of your employees has a disability. Self-Identification is a critical component of compliance with Section 503 for federal contractors, but its value is much greater than just compliance. The USBLN will discuss:
- Self-identification proven practices that will move your company closer to 7% and above for the employment of individuals with disabilities
- The value of learning more about your employees and their needs to improve engagement and productivity
- Self-identification vs. self-disclosure and how one impacts the other
- How self-identification strategies can attract more candidates with disabilities, help you retain current employees, generate more customers and improve customer loyalty.
- Gain an appreciation of the value of self-identification and what it can do for your company
- Learn self-Identification proven practices
- Learn the difference between self-identification and self-disclosure and how one impacts the other
Please visit http://www.nationalilg.org/events/disability-equality-index-driving-business-success/ for more information